What is the difference between street lights and landscape lights
Now when walking on the road, you can see all kinds of street lights everywhere. Different street lights emit different lights. We know that there are many kinds of lights now. So what kind of street light is it? Road lamps can be divided into different types according to factors such as street lamp height, lamp pole material, street lamp source, shape, etc. Generally speaking, traditional street lamps use high-pressure sodium lamps, while modern street lamps use metal halide lamps and LED lamps. What is the difference between street lights and landscape lights? Let’s take a look together next!
How many types of road lights are there?
2. According to the material of street lamp pole: hot-dip galvanized iron street lamp, hot-dip galvanized steel street lamp, and stainless steel street lamp.
3. According to the street light source: sodium lamp street lamp, LED street lamp, energy-saving street lamp, new Suoming xenon street lamp.
4. Divided by shape: Chinese lamp, antique lamp, landscape lamp, single-arm street lamp, double-arm street lamp.
5. According to the power supply mode: city circuit lights and solar street lights, wind, and solar hybrid street lights.
There are many types of road lamps, and different lighting technologies are suitable for different needs. The fundamental purpose is to design a high-efficiency electronic energy-saving street lamp with long life, low power consumption, high power factor, and low current harmonic content.
What is good for street lights
High-pressure sodium lamps are conventionally used for street lighting, and metal halide lamps are also a common street light source.
- From the perspective of lighting professionals, incandescent lamps have the best color rendering properties, but have low luminous flux and poor luminous efficiency. Its luminous principle is thermal radiation luminescence.
- Mercury vapor lamps, like common fluorescent lamps, are fluorescent lamps, and their luminous principle relies on gas ionization. Exciting phosphor to emit light, its color rendering is low, but the luminous flux and luminous efficiency are much better than that of incandescent lamps.
- Neon lamps have almost no other benefits except for their good looks. They can provide extremely low illuminance and cannot be used as a special lighting lamp.
- The performance of the halide lamp is very good in all aspects, especially its power can be made very large, and the life span is longer than other lamps.
- LED lamps are highly efficient and energy-saving and environmentally friendly, but there are certain technical defects.
Therefore, in general, it is more appropriate to use metal halide lamps or LED street lamps for street lamps.
So what is the difference between street lights and landscape lights?
1. Different heights
The difference between street lamps and landscape lamps is mainly reflected in the height. The conventional height of street lamps is 6-12 meters, and some street lamps have a conventional height of 6-20 meters. However, the general height of landscape lights is 3-6 meters. This is because landscape lights are for viewing purposes and do not need to be too high. The higher the production, the more materials are needed, and the more expensive it will be.
2. Different lighting power
Because street lights need to provide sufficient illuminance, their lighting power will generally be relatively large, generally in the range of 250-400W. The specific power is considered according to the width of the road, the surrounding trees, the height of the light pole, and whether it affects surrounding residents.
The lighting power of the landscape lamp is relatively small, generally 80-150W, and maybe smaller. This is because the landscape lamp has a basic lighting function. Its biggest function is to provide a strong ornamental. Its light source The power can reflect the overall shape of the lamp, and it does not need to be too bright.
3. Different application places
Street lamps are generally used in urban or rural main roads, secondary roads, urban squares, communities, and other places, and the lighting needs are generally relatively large.
Landscape lights are generally installed in separate areas, such as parks, gardens, high-end communities, commercial pedestrian streets, and leisure squares. Landscape lights are also used in many tourist attractions.
4. Different functions
The main function of road lights is to illuminate, and they must be able to provide pedestrians and vehicles with better lighting brightness. But the landscape light only needs basic lighting. The most important thing is ornamental, which is used to decorate the surrounding environment and create an atmosphere.
The shapes of street lamps are not so diverse, generally only a few. However, the shapes of landscape lights are very, very many, very random, and unconstrained. It can be customized according to the surrounding environment and special reasons.
About YIBAI LED LIGHTING
Our company as one of the best LED roadway lights manufacturers mainly focuses on the Europe & North American market, the main product includes, LED high bays, low bays, canopy lights, shoebox lights, wall packs, gas station lights, lamp accessories, and LED modules, football lights, etc…as a leader in manufacturing and marketing of LED lighting. For providing a high-quality manufacturing environment and professional lighting assembly, we introduced many SMT automated production lines & advanced equipment and have the ability to do OEM/ODM orders. Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in our products and hope we could cooperate with each other and create a bright future for our business.
For more information about YIBAI LED lighting solutions for tennis court lighting systems including IES files, Dialux simulation reports, and technical datasheets, please visit www.yibai.lighting
Contact Us: Guangdong Yibai Optotech Co., Ltd
E-mail: [email protected]